RE: (erielack) RE: I-80 crossovers east of Denville

Dear Paul,

Any chance that there's an image of the old layout at Denville Jct.
available on-line?  It was, as you know, an interesting layout, which would
be difficult to tell by looking at it today.

Chuck

                      "Tupaczewski, Paul
                      R (Paul)"
                      <paultup_@_lucent.com To:     "'Philip Martin'" <martinpl3@earthlink.net>
                      >                           erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
                      Sent by:            cc:
                      erielack-owner_@_list Subject:
                      s.elhts.org                 RE: (erielack) RE: I-80 crossovers east of Denville

                      02/22/2006 09:00 AM
                      Please respond to
                      "Tupaczewski, Paul
                      R (Paul)"

> Gary Kazin asks if Denville controlled crossovers on the
> Boonton  Branch,
> half a mile east.  My guess is no.  I don't recall controlling such an
> interlocking..  If you've got Sheperd's book, take a look.  It might
> indicate what kind of switches they were.

The crossover switches east of Denville on the Boonton Line were long gone
by the time Bill Sheppard's track diagram book came out. Bill's book shows
the simplified setup in 1974, but early on when the "flyover" bridge was in
use, Denville controlled all those switches.

On the DL&W, CTC controlled all the way up to Rainbow Lakes, so I assume
Denville Tower took over from that point on, and that would include the
complex of switches right about where Route 80 passes overhead today.