RE: (erielack) RE: I-80 crossovers east of Denville

> Gary Kazin asks if Denville controlled crossovers on the
> Boonton  Branch,
> half a mile east.  My guess is no.  I don't recall controlling such an
> interlocking..  If you've got Sheperd's book, take a look.  It might
> indicate what kind of switches they were.

The crossover switches east of Denville on the Boonton Line were long gone by the time Bill Sheppard's track diagram book came out. Bill's book shows the simplified setup in 1974, but early on when the "flyover" bridge was in use, Denville controlled all those switches.

On the DL&W, CTC controlled all the way up to Rainbow Lakes, so I assume Denville Tower took over from that point on, and that would include the complex of switches right about where Route 80 passes overhead today.