Re: (erielack) NYC sleepers from Buffalo Central Terminal to DL&W terminal

>Why a sleeper would make this move, I dunno.  The DL&W must've had some
>"important" traffic for Detroit.
>
>Dale

I would assume it was for passengers to places like Binghamton or Scranton as it would not make sense to use this car going to Hoboken.

I was just working on an article for the ELDCPS "Diner Digest" newsletter the other day about who actually used DL&W, Erie and EL passenger trains.  Until at least 1960 a lot of IBM employees and customers used both railroads.  So I could see the need for a through sleeper to Detroit for IBM as an example.

Tim