RE: (erielack) NYC sleepers from Buffalo Central Terminal to DL&W terminal

I can speculate as follows: there is a direct connection between the
Lackawanna and the NYC at N.Y.C.& St.L. Junction in Buffalo. I have an
employee timetable giving local instructions that indicate when the
semaphore signal was in an "inclined position, green light displayed at
night," that movement could be made over the yard lead to the N.Y.C.
interchange tracks.

If we look at Henry's maps of the Buffalo area
(http://www.railfan.net/cgi-bin/trainthumb.cgi?maps/1950usgs/) we see that
the DL&W crossed over the Buffalo River, then over the NKP. There was a
small yard to the south of the DL&W, then the railroad crossed over the NYC.
That yard has connections to both the NKP and the NYC.

Since those sleepers were coming from Detroit, they would have followed the
Michigan Central through Ontario into Buffalo via the International Bridge.
Which NYC line was followed to Central Terminal I do not know, but once
there the NYC could bring the car out of Central terminal, down the main
line towards Chicago, to the interchange track along the DL&W main. It is
then about a mile and a half to the DL&W station from that point.

If my speculation is correct, did a DL&W switcher wait at the interchange
and take the car from the NYC, or did the NYC bring the car all the way into
the DL&W station?

Michael Mang