From: Gordon Davids <g.davids_@_verizon.net>
Subject: (erielack) Float Bridges

Bob Bahrs just now sent me a copy of his message to the group, so I can
answer it in the same cycle.  Good idea, Bob, before my short-term
memory goes away. :-)

The New York car float business was heading down the tubes by 1968.  I
don't know what prompted the CNJ to sell two of their pontoon bridges to
the EL, but I can imagine that they were much more desperate for cash
than for the two bridges, seeing that CNJ still had two left and they
were bankrupt.