Re: (erielack) Nanuet wye

- --- "Joseph A. Braun" <joebraun_@_optonline.net> wrote:
> I checked a 1985 Hagstrom's map I saved versus a current one.  It is
> clear that the southernmost switch of the wye would have been just a tad
> north of the current station.  The 1985 map rightly had eliminated the
> tracks north of Piermont to Nyack but it does still show the line north
> from Spring Valley as far as Letchworth Village.  Was that the end of
> that line or did it head over to Haverstraw to connect with the West
> Shore? I had not known about the separate line to New City.

You're looking for THE PASCACK VALLEY LINE by Wilson Jones, published in
1996 by the Railroadians of America, since merged with the Midland Railway
Historical Society.  The book should still be in some hobby shops, Amazon,
eBay, etc.  The Midlanders have a post office box in Parsippany, but I
don't remember its number.

Yes, the NJ& NY did go to Haverstraw.  It didn't connect with the West
Shore there, however, but rather at WEST Haverstraw - several miles north
of town.

Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey