(erielack) EL FBR-1 Photo-id

How about a holding tank for the fish the crew caught between float
assignments? lol
Seriously now, there's a photo of one on the float bridge on pg 127 of El in
color V3. The troughs are open and appear to be filled with miscellaneous
junk. My guess is that these ancient cars (note the swayback and Andrews
trucks) were very light, and this was a cheap way to ballast them so as to
make them less derailment-prone on the uneven float-apron tracks.

Paul B

How about an idler car for loading barges on the (F)loat
>> (BR)idges - e.g., Float Bridge 1???
>>
>> Tony Horn
>> ELHS #2
>

>Tony,
>
>Never even thought about that - I think you got it!
>
>I'm still curious as to what might be inside the "container troughs"
though. Spare coupler knuckles? Air hoses? Weight?