(erielack) Re: Train and Crane

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-02-15-06

TrainAndCrane.jpg (image/jpeg, 4000x2460 877662 bytes, BF: 11.21 ppb)

     Minor correction. That locomotive was built in Paterson NJ with one "T", that's ok happens all the time.  :)
      Check out the kids in the photo watching the action right next to the workers! Also there seems to be many spectators along the tracks, my guess this is a Saturday or Sunday operation during a lull in traffic. What also surprised me is the trackage at right, is that a temporary "Shoo-Fly" or spur to deliver material to the site? Just look at that poor guys house and property! Talk about close clearance off his front porch!!
     Also what are the two poles with what apear to be platform lights in the photo? They really don't match each other and are just to the right of the tracks.
     Look how the Railroad perfomed a "Cut and Fill" project to get that double track curve through the area. Totally changing the landscape! What was once woods is now filled with Railroad tracks and Telephone Poles.

  Todd ~