(erielack) CR 5460/DLW 959 location confirmed

At the end of a business trip to Chicago, I was able to get out for
about 6 hours on Sunday 2-12 while dodging the
lake effect snow to do a little (locomotive) critter hunting and
(railroad) archaeological digging around northern
Indiana and Illinois.

In the process, I am able to confirm that CR 5460 nee-DLW 959 is indeed
at the Vulcan quarry in Lehigh, IL.  The
Vulcan rail line runs parallel to IL Rte 7000 West, and connects to the
NYC (now NS) Streator line on its north end,
and the IC (now Bloomer Line) to the south.  I did scout out the entire
facility, including traveling down to the BLOL
interchange, but did not see any other power on the property, so it is
safe to assume that the GP8 is the sole locomotive
being used at this facility.  There were empty ballast cars sitting on
the NS interchange, with their heavily rusted wheels
indicative of no movement in many weeks.  Given the time of year
(off-season for local construction), business is naturally
slow.  The GP8 was shut down and plugged in to a block heater of some
sort.  A modular office building was open, so I
wandered in and got the salesman's business card from the security
officer.  I then wandered around and snapped
some photos.

http://home.earthlink.net/~kadegroff/vulx5460a.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~kadegroff/vulx5460b.jpg
The unit only has one numberboard with actual numbers showing.  The rest
are blank.

http://home.earthlink.net/~kadegroff/vulx5460c.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~kadegroff/vulx5460d.jpg
The frame number: 6339-4

http://home.earthlink.net/~kadegroff/vulx5460e.jpg
The MK rebuild plate

http://home.earthlink.net/~kadegroff/card.jpg
Scan of the salesman's business card with company contact info