(erielack) Train and Crane/Pile Driver and a Trestle

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-02-15-06

RRTrestleWoodsClip.jpg (image/jpeg, 2000x1390 408866 bytes, BF: 6.710 ppb)

Wow! Thank you all so much for the very thorough and clear answers to my
questions about the "crane" and train photo. You have given me enough
material from which to compose a caption about the image and I will submit
it to the paper tomorrow.

I am attaching here a clip from a second photo that has only a bit of
RR-related material, but I have a question about this, too, please. I found
this photo in our archives today, too, and what I have attached here is just
a small part of a larger photo that is primarily just a pastoral image of a
field and trees. It is unlabeled except for a note on the back as to who the
owner of the photo was. What caught my eye, though, was the trestle on the
far right, in the background. The only time I ever saw a trestle like that
is in another photo in our collection that identifies it as having been part
of the short-lived West Line RR. My question, then, is is there any way to
confirm that this is part of that West Line RR, too? Also, why would they
even built such a treacherous-looking trestle when it seems easier to just
built the tracks on the ground? Or should I assume that the ground under the
trestle is not flat, as it appears to me?

Thank you yet again.
Lynne

End of EL List Daily V3 #1928