(erielack) Train and Crane

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-02-15-06

TrainAndCrane.jpg (image/jpeg, 4000x2460 877662 bytes, BF: 11.21 ppb)

I found this photo in our archives today, but I need to ask for help deciphering it, please. The photo was extremely faded, so I scanned it at a high resolution and manipulated it in the photo editor, to try to get as much detail as possible. I apologize if the file is too big, but I wanted everyone to be able to see as much of the mid- and background as possible. I am happy to resize it if necessary.

The back of the photo has only "Crane" written in it and a faded ink stamp that says "The First National Bank of Millburn, N.J."

Any ideas about what is happening in this photo? Can you tell what the approximate date is from the train? I would also like to submit it to the local paper for our weekly historic photo, but I don't know what to say about it. Can you help?

Thank you again.
Lynne