(erielack) Google Earth

If you download and install Google Earth, you view satellite images of the
earth.  While trying to follow the route of the Erie Main Line through
Carlton Hill, Passaic Park, Passaic, and Clifton to Paterson, I noted that
the connection between the old Greenwood Lake Branch and the old Lackawanna
Boonton Line now has a bumper post just west of where the turnout was--it
appears, but the image isn't clear enough to me, that the Boonton Line track
was straight-railed.  Wonder why NS simply didn't pull up all the rail on
the connection between the old Greenwood Lake Branch and the old Boonton
Line, since there clearly would not be passenger service on that part of the
line again.

Ken Bush