RE: (erielack) Diamond questions

 Philip Martin
> Subject: (erielack) Diamond questions
>
> Why put six wheel trucks on a baggage car?  I thought that
> all the extra two wheels do is give passengers a more
> comfortable ride.

I believe that six-wheel trucks, besides increasing the load-carrying capacity of the car (limited
by the size of the journals, and how many journals there were), also tracked better at speed.  A
better ride for fragile shipments in a baggage car might be a good thing, but there were also riders
in some baggage cars.  Mostly, I think it was the better tracking.

SGL