(erielack) Diamond questions

Why put six wheel trucks on a baggage car?  I thought that all the extra two wheels do is give passengers a more comfortable ride.
Was that old operator at Denville, who thought he was in trouble when the car smacked the one in front of it, Al Lampron?  I had forgotten that we operated the crossing gates.  Our levers incorporated a bicycle chain somehow.  One time the maintainer was testing it, puting more force on the levers than we were supposwed to; hoping to break it, and get some overtime out of repairing it.
The IBM punch card on page 18 reminds me of our pay checks on the NYC and PRR in the middle 1950ies.  They were IBM punch cards too, but the holes were half the size of the two in the picture.
Philip Martin