Re: (erielack) Flying Switch, Need of a Translation.

In a message dated 2/12/2006 10:20:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
hoboken_@_ezrs.com writes:

Great  explanation!

What, then, is kicking?  How does it differ from  dropping?  We've
amended our rulebook (General Code 4) to prohibit  kicking & dropping.

Thanks.

Ken  Bush

Ken

Kicking, is bleeding off a car, and giving it a start via the engine, but
the engine is behind the car, vs being in front of it on a fly. Kicking, you
tell the engineer ( give me a kick ) on the radio, or in old days you make  a
real quick wrist motion, until the desired speed is reached.   Then  he
immediately shuts off the throttle.  You have pulled the pin, and the  car is on its
way.   Then all the other things come into play that we  have mentioned.

Bob Bahrs

Bob