Fwd: (erielack) picking interlocking machines

Jeff

Well, I had to do some mind searching after viewing the sketch of SN Jct on
the link that you provided.  Admittedly, I never had seen that Val  map.  I
also forgot that the Wye Track was west of the Rt 5 bridges.   It was long gone,
with no traces to be seen when I started in 1965, of course  the Val map
dated 1946 shows them but the revision (1950???) shows them  removed.

One correction, Gilmore Road (and that was the correct spelling) is  the road
that was used to the tower.  There was a drive that lead in from  Gilmore
Road and the West Side Feed Store was just east of Gilmore Road.   There was also
a drive east of the feed store.  There are still traces  today that Gilmore
Road crossed the Erie line at that location at one  time.  Leavittsburg
Hardware was on South Leavitt Road (about 500 feet  further east) and it was
previously known as Euclid Avenue.  In  the EMP TT in the early 60's it was Euclid Ave
but to us locals it was  always South Leavitt Road

Thanks for bringing back some memories and having me dust off the  cobwebs.
WHO would have ever thought that all of this would be gone, save  for one
rusty line that sees occasional service.  I was always told,  qualify at SN and
you'll NEVER be without work.  Worked for me---never  missed a paycheck on EL
from June of 1965 to the end.

SMT