Re: (erielack) DL&W and ERIE "minor" branches

While I am not familiar with Endicott, I did a quick search in Steamtown's
Archives and came up with the following folders.  This is by no means
everything we have, with over 80% of our archives awaiting processing:

File Unit#:         011-F028
Dates:              1920-1923
Title:              Erie RR--A.F.E. #C-002540--Application of gunite on
Chenango Street Viaduct, Binghamton,
                    NY/Bridge/turnout Endicott, NY

File Unit#:         098-F011
Dates:              August 29, 1934
Title:              Erie RR--Contract #7913--Endicott-Johnson
Corp.--Release from any further claims for damage to Calf Skin
                    Tannery Building, Endicott, NY, damages in course of
grade crossing elimination at Oak Hill Ave.,
                    Endicott, NY

File Unit#:         162-F036
Dates:              August 22, 1921
Title:              Erie RR--Contract #5366--Erie Railroad Company and
Endicott Coal and Supply Company--Existing sidetrack
                    at Endicott, NY (August 22, 1921)

File Unit#:         100-F012
Dates:              May 14, 1953
Title:              Erie RR--Contract # 10028--Erie Railroad Company, and
Paul Rizzuto & Sigmund B. Lindau d.b.a. Parlor City
                    Construction Company--Covering removal of shale rock
embankment on north side of Erie's right-of-way
                    between mile post 219.84 and 219.94 near Endicott, NY
(May 14, 1953)

File Unit#:         100-F041
Dates:              June 30, 1953
Title:              Erie RR--Contract #10197--Erie Railroad Company and
Endicott Company Operative G.L.F. Service
                    Incorporated--Side track facilities--Endicott, NY (June
30, 1953)

File Unit#:         200-F004
Dates:              October 3, 1906
Title:              Erie RR--Contract #1129--Erie RR and J. O. Porter -
siding, Endicott, NY

File Unit#:         201-F019
Dates:              June 12, 1908
Title:              Erie RR--Contract #2386--Erie RR and Endicott-Johnson
Co. - sidetrack, Endicott, NY

File Unit#:         208-F001
Dates:              August 26, 1912
Title:              Erie RR--Contract #3300--Erie RR and International Time
Recording Co. [International Business Machines
                    Corp.] - sidetrack and coal hopper, Endicott, NY;
cancelled, Mar. 3, 1958

File Unit#:         208-F014
Dates:              August 4, 1913
Title:              Erie RR--Contract #3441--Erie RR and Endicott-Johnson
Co. - sidetrack, Endicott, NY; cancelled, June 6,
                    1955

File Unit#:         043-F009
Dates:              1924-1926
Title:              Erie RR--A.F.E. #C-005991--Installation of bridge
warning signs at Bridge 221.83--Endicott,
                    NY--Susquehanna Division--(VS-8-NY)  [Blueprint
included]

Patrick McKnight
Historian/Archivist
Steamtown NHS
570-340-5193

We need history, not to tell us what happened or to explain the past, but
to make the past alive so that it can explain us and make a future
possible.-Alan Bloom

                      "Tom Beckett"
                      <tabeckett_@_stny.rr.        To:       <erielack@lists.railfan.net>
                      com>                       cc:       (bcc: Pat McKnight/STEA/NPS)
                      Sent by:                   Subject:  Re: (erielack) DL&W and ERIE "minor" branches
                      erielack-owner_@_list
                      s.elhts.org

                      02/10/2006 10:39 AM
                      EST
                      Please respond to
                      "Tom Beckett"

There was a foundry there. Some of the buildings survived til after I moved

here in 1988, but were all gone by the mid '90s. It was vacant by the time
moved here, and the tracks had substantially been paved over. There was no
evidence of their connection to the main tracks. Looks like it was just a
simple crossbuck-no gates or anything else for protection.

Tom B