(erielack) RE: CR 5460 DL&W 959

I have a suspicion that this unit is currently at the Lehigh IL quarry.
This quarry is about 2-3 miles west of Kankakee, along the ex-NYC Streator
line.

I am currently in Chicago this week on business, and as irony would have
it,
on Tues I put out a question on the IlliniRails group about wanting to
photograph shortline/industrial power (the KB&S, the IAIS, the ex-Erie
Mining
Alcos at various grain elevators, etc) during my free time this weekend.
In
one of many responses, I was told about "the ex-CR geep" at the Lehigh
quarry,
which, according to another responder, "came down from the quarry at
McCook".
Was also told that the Lehigh quarry has other power on site, perhaps an
end-cab switcher.

I am going to try and swing by there this weekend sometime.  Will let you
know what I find.

http://mail2web.com/ .