RE: (erielack) Water spur

Paul and list;

Thanks so much, and thanks to Rich Campana, for sharing these excellent,
excellent photos. They really impart a "you are there" feel; having
driven over that crossing thousands of times, but never, ever seeing a
train there, brings that location to life. Thanks so much;

Best regards;

Jim Harr
ELHS #2934
Editor, From The Workbench

I believe the rail traffic was solely chlorine in tank cars. The sad
thing is right after rail traffic was embargoed there, I saw tank
trailers parked next to the chlorine tanks on the property. They'd park
them RIGHT ON THE TRACKS WHERE THE TANK CARS USED TO BE UNLOADED. Bah.
:(

Anyhoo, in happier times, attached are some excellent shots by Rich
Campana of GP35 2581 shoving a chlorine tank car onto the property (the
one shot with all the trees in front of the train is on the water
treatment plant property - note the building at far left), and also
crossing Route 46 and going through the industrial area between Rt. 46
and the facility. Never to be seen again. :(