(erielack) Trivia Question

That's fascinating, Schuyler, I had no idea the RR's actually owned the
mines.

Paul B

I don't think it was "the railroad that brought it in" Paul, I think more it
was the railroad that
owned the mines, and later, when the railroads were forced to divest the
mines, the companies that
were formed to operate and "own" the mines, which had names that were, let's
say, similar to the
name of the railroads.  "D&H Coal" for instance, came from mines owned by
the D&H.  "Lackawanna
Coal" came from mines owned, or formerly owned, by the DL&W.  Etc, etc.

SGL