Re: (erielack) Trivia Question

I've been in that mine as well. It made me realize why my Scranton coal miner
grandfather made us grandsons promise never to work underground.

And yes, that commands great respect as I think that my grandfather and
people like him had "cojones" (for those who don't speak Spanish, it means "balls")
to make a living that way.

He worked for the Underwood, which was served by Erie, and told us grandsons
many stories about working underground.

Thus having visited that mine in Scranton, I came away with an understanding
of what his life was about and his connection with Erie. As he said, "We dug
the coal and The Erie took it away". He always said "The Erie", not just Erie.

I guess that was how it was said back then. I'll take that on my "Pop's"
word.

Rick