(erielack) Paterson Junction Turntable Pit

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-02-07-06

TTPit1.jpg (image/jpeg, 1024x768 376611 bytes, BF: 2.09 ppb)

Hi folks,

A friend shared this image with me, and I thought it would be of great
interest to list members.

"This is a rather rare subject: It's the turntable pit foundation from the
DL&W Paterson Junction Yard. It measures around 60 feet or so diameter. This
location is on what is today the NJT Main Line about halfway between the
Garden State Parkway overpass and the Hazel Street overpass in Clifton.
This is the segment that had the second track added a few years back."

Enjoy this little piece of archaeological history!