(erielack) LACKAWANNA 959 aka Conrail 5460

Hey,

  Click on this link, check out Serial Number 15720.  It shows from Conrail it went to Lehigh Stone as Unit #5460.  Prior to CR though it says here that it was rebuilt to a GP-8.  Is that correct?  After Lehigh Stone it shows it was next as VMMX 5460 (Vulcan Materials, Metals Division 07/1972 to 07/1988) AMG Resources Corporation (successor corporation to Vulcan) from 07/1988.  I do not know the time frame involved as to when it left Conrail.  Could it have been "scrapped" by Vulcan/AMG since the reporting mark on the referenced web site look more like a freight reporting mark?  Lehigh Stone was in Illinois, but a good hour's ride from LaGrange.  Jusy my 2 cents worth from a quick search since I am no expert by anybodys reckoning. (Actually worth about 1/4 cent in reality!)

  http://www.trainweb.org/emdloco/15700.htm

  John Payne
  Milford   Connecticut