Re: (erielack) Re: Coney Island's in Scranton

Walter,

Yes, the original Coney Island is still there in the same location. The guy
behind the counter still lines them up on his arm and dumps all the stuff on
them at once. The counter is still the same and the rugged booths in the back
are the same booths that I sat at as a teenager at Scranton Technical HS.

It was great to go there during the convention with a group of the guys. I
really enjoyed myself and downed a few of the hots with the mandatory coke (only
it's diet coke for me these days, lol).

There are actually two Coney Island diners now, the latter is on Lackawanna
Avenue between North Washington and Adams. Apparently, a few years back there
was a family feud and one of the brothers opened his own Coney Island on
Lackawanna.

While I'm sure that the other one is fine, I'll stick with the original. And
for all of you guys who were trading puns, "think outside the bun", lol (yeh,
yeh, I borrowed that one, not original like you guys).

Rick