(erielack) RE: EL on TV (was: Marine operations) > all (?) the movies

>Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 23:20:17 -0500
>From: "Paul R. Tupaczewski" <paultup_@_optonline.net>
>Subject: RE: (erielack) EL on TV (was: Marine operations)
>

>>EXTREMELY OT, but if that's the Union Drydock Company, that
>>is the dock where Blondie shot their video for "Union City
>>Blue".

cool, never knew that one!

>>However, I guess that kind of brings up an on-topic
>>discussion, that is the appearance of Erie/ DL&W/ E-L
>>equipment and structures in music videos.  I can think of two
>>off the top of my head:
>>

>What's perhaps even more startling is the classic black-and-white film "On
>the Waterfront," which prominently features Hoboken Shore 44-tonners and the
>floatbridge yard at that same location. Worth a rental to check it out!

definitely - shot from the very Elysian Park mentioned earlier - it's an
early scene where Brando is talking to Karl Malden. You can see some
barges and tugs going by as well.

>>Cyndi Lauper- "Time After Time" The closing scene is her
>>leaving the Morristown station (on a NYS&W passenger car
>>though!?) Eric Clapton with Babyface- "Change The World"  The
>>video is shot in and around the Hoboken Terminal waiting room
>>and platforms.
>>

>I thought the intro to "Time After Time" was filmed on the NYS&W at Little
>Ferry, as well.
>
>There have been many latter-day movies/commercials that have been filmed
>along the EL (the most recent Chase credit card commercial, where they show
>a Metro-North passenger train diving into the Bergen Tunnels at Jersey City
>comes to mind), but was there any movie filming done in DL&W, Erie or EL
>years? (not counting Edison's original "Great Train Robbery" movie :)

I think we've had a few threads about this over the years - I kept a
list from those discussions:

Three Days of The Condor - (Hoboken Terminal)
Manhattan - (Hoboken Terminal)
The Miracle Worker - (Gladstone, NJ)
The Natural (Erie - Buffalo, S. Dayton, Gowanda and Hamburg, NY.)
Best Friends (Erie - Buffalo area)
Harry and Walter Go to New York - (Mansfield OH in 1975)
Planes,Trains and Automobiles - (South Dayton, OH)
City Hall - (Boonton Line's Mountain View Wayne station, 1995)
Annie - (NX drawbridge, Newark, NJ branch)
The Station Agent - (Hoboken Yard, NJ, Delaware, NJ, Dover NJ and
Newfoundland, NJ - ok it's NYS&W!)

Any more since then?

dmg

>	- Paul

l, NJ USA                                   07974