RE: (erielack) EL on TV (was: Marine operations)

> EXTREMELY OT, but if that's the Union Drydock Company, that
> is the dock where Blondie shot their video for "Union City
> Blue". However, I guess that kind of brings up an on-topic
> discussion, that is the appearance of Erie/ DL&W/ E-L
> equipment and structures in music videos.  I can think of two
> off the top of my head:

What's perhaps even more startling is the classic black-and-white film "On
the Waterfront," which prominently features Hoboken Shore 44-tonners and the
floatbridge yard at that same location. Worth a rental to check it out!

> Cyndi Lauper- "Time After Time" The closing scene is her
> leaving the Morristown station (on a NYS&W passenger car
> though!?) Eric Clapton with Babyface- "Change The World"  The
> video is shot in and around the Hoboken Terminal waiting room
> and platforms.

I thought the intro to "Time After Time" was filmed on the NYS&W at Little
Ferry, as well.

There have been many latter-day movies/commercials that have been filmed
along the EL (the most recent Chase credit card commercial, where they show
a Metro-North passenger train diving into the Bergen Tunnels at Jersey City
comes to mind), but was there any movie filming done in DL&W, Erie or EL
years? (not counting Edison's original "Great Train Robbery" movie :)

End of EL List Daily V3 #1915