Re: (erielack) Tony Harding's restaurant in Scranton, PA

I don't have any information about the mural but I remember it well and yes,
the diner is now an office.

When ELDCPS and ELHTS held our annual meetings in Scranton in October 2005, a
group of us went to the Coney Island Diner for lunch.

Being a Scranton native who now lives in Manhattan, NY, the food was exactly
as I remember from my high school days. They have a great collection of soda
bottles on a shelf behind the counter that date back at least 40 years.

But I digress. Tony Harding's was a "classic" diner where you could hear and
feel Erie Lackawanna rumbling overhead.

Perhaps the best way to locate the mural would be to contact a group called
Scranton Tomorrow. They've done a lot to document Scranton's history and I
wouldn't be surprised if they know the location of the mural.

That being said, it would be great to have the mural placed at Steamtown or
any other place in downtown Scranton.

Having re-read your email, I sent an email to Scranton Tomorrow from us at
the Erie Lackawanna Historical & Technical Society, requesting their help in
locating the mural so that it can be placed in downtown Scranton for all to
enjoy.

When we hear from Scranton Tomorrow, we'll post the findings.

Rick

End of EL List Daily V3 #1913