(erielack) WNYP activity

In an eastbound loaded train today, NS had a vintage high hood (and very old
sounding) SD-40 (no - 2) come through around 3 pm squeezed between two Dash
944CWs.   If my memory serves me, it was #1621.  I didn't notice whether it
was of either NW or SOU heritage.  A picture on George Elwood's site shows a
NW below the number.

My guess is from the sounds emanating from it, the days of its prime mover
are certainly numbered (you could here it from, I'd guess, 4-5 miles away)
and it was smoking in a way that would embarrass any blue blooded ALCO.

Interesting sight and experience.

Christopher Thurner

End of EL List Daily V3 #1820