(erielack) ELDCPS Convention

To all:

I would like to thank our members, presenters, and attendees who made the
first ELDCPS Convention last weekend an unqualified success. Members from the ELH&
TS, NKPHTS, and NJM also joined us at Scranton. Paul, Tim and Susan Stuy went
the extra mile to make certain everything went smoothly. Due to their
preparations, there were no glitches. There was something going on all the time. The
Air Brake class started at 8:30 AM, and shortly it was 11:30.

All of the Vets I spoke with had a great time, and they thanked us for
including them in our program. John R. Canfield, former Lackawanna Trainmaster and
EL Susquehanna Division Superintendent, received a standing ovation after
speaking at the Banquet. We were fortunate to be able to have in attendance a total
of four former EL Company officers. Not to mention people from most of the
crafts. No one has the experience like the guys who managed and worked for EL.

The Friday night photo shoot went very well, and many thanks to Dave Monte
Verde for setting this up. The EL Century sure sounded great!

I apologize to Rich Recordon, President, ELH&TS for running over into his
time slot for the EL&HTS Meeting. I had a lot of material to cover, and ran out
of time. No surprise there! Many thanks to this new organization for joining us
at Scranton, and hope you will continue to support our efforts!

We had a great time, and both my wife and I look forward to our next
convention! Can we build on this for the next time? You bet. It's only going to get
better and better.

We will have a more detailed report with photos in our next issue of THE
DINER DIGEST.

Kind regards,

John Boehner, VP - Operations
ELDCPS