Re: (erielack) Northern Electric

I recall my dad saying that some track was laid north of Montrose with the
ultimate destination being Binghamton, which of course never happened.

Regardless, it's very good to finally see additonal documentation of the
"other" interurban. Thanks to those who put the book together, one more piece of
history will not be lost.

Anyone who was in Scranton this past weekend and had the opportunity to
travel around the area, saw how quickly things are changing. It's a matter of time
before what remains will be gone.

As someone who grew up in Scranton, literally every time I return, something
else is gone, replaced by freeway extensions, housing developments and
shopping malls. This weekend was no different. While progress is fine and Scranton
deserves to go forward, progress without doucmenting history is not fine.

Thanks to those who produced the book on the Northern Electric. You preserved
a piece of our history and it is appreciated.

Rick Sedlisky
New York, NY