Re: (erielack) Operations of CNJ-EL SE-98/ES-99 (2)

In a message dated 10/25/2005 8:32:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rbehrendt_@_columbus.rr.com writes:

To add a  little to what Bob indicated, I remember a CNJ coach on cribbing at
HO Jct.  which I was told was for changing crews for the CNJ/EL  runthrough
trains.   I assume that the CNJ crews didn't  runthrough to Scranton past
Lake Jct., and EL crews took over for the  remainder of the w/b trip from
Lake Jct. westward, with the reverse  happening for the e/b's.   Be
interesting to find out if crews  did in fact 'layover' here, or were taxi'ed
in/out...

I also have  shots of CNJ power in Scranton ET in '75...

Rich

Crews went all the way through in each direction.   Crews  qualified on the
other RRs territory.
Don't ever remember a coach on cribbing at HO? Are you thinking of some
place else? It had a rental type of trailer for the HO crews during this  period
of time, which is after the old building on the concrete slab burned  down.

Bob