Re: (erielack) Southern Tier signals?

I certainly wasn't recommending it! This incident was related to me by a Conrail signal maintainer in the Rochester area, and I presume it's been done more than once.

Paul B
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: DChristang_@_aol.com
  To: doctorpb_@_bellsouth.net
  Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 11:44 PM
  Subject: Re: (erielack) Southern Tier signals?

  That's true, but have you tried to climb up them poles to the wires?  its a pain in the ass and then you have the glass insulators that wrap the copper wire around and its not easy due to that there screwed into the pole.... I know from upstate NY in the Allegany area, I have walked miles of track and cant access the poles due to fears that you can be hurt and there is nobody for miles to help you.

  I have the glass insulators that wrap the copper wire around and it was not easy to remove them, very hazardous to your life and limb. The copper wire is like a 12 or 10 gauge wire. The glass insulators that I have were from down poles and it takes a good amount of time to remove them.... i have the clear and green wanted the black insulator but they broke apart...

  Copper, Copper on the lines, not many crazy people out there to venture this one unless that they have a death wish...

  Take care

  Damion