RE: (erielack) P&D History

I could be wrong, but this may have involved a possible use of the
so-called Swamp Line trolley line between South Orange and West Orange,
tying into the Erie's Orange Branch and then east.  There was very limited
grading done east of Summit, if I recall correctly, with a little bit done
in and around Millburn.  I don't know what alignment would have been used
between Millburn and South Orange, although the line would have undoubtedly
more or less paralled the Morristown Line.  It was a true half-baked
scheme.

                      "Palmer, Brian"
                      <palmerb_@_toysrus.co
                      m>                  To:     "'Paul Brezicki'" <doctorpb_@_bellsouth.net>
                      erielack-owner_@_list cc:
                      s.elhts.org         Subject:
                                                  RE: (erielack) P&D History

                      10/24/2005 01:56 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "Palmer, Brian"

List discussion:

"They also envisioned building east from Summit to the New York waterfront
and some work was done; supposedly grading east of Summit is still visible
but I've never been able to identify it."

The graded embankment is still very visible along the back yards of Bedford
avenue homes between Morris Ave and Woodland Ave in Summit. I also remember
reading an account of the building of Summit High school many years ago
that
the property for the new school contained the unused railroad grade, of
course the property was completely bulldozed for the school. I'm not
familiar with the alignment east of Summit.

Brian

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and
may
of the original message. To reply to our email administrator directly, send
an email to EmailAdmin_@_toysrus.com.
Toys "R" Us, Inc.