From: Lynne
Sent: Oct 17, 2005 2:11 PM
To: erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
Subject: (erielack) Did this have a specific purpose?

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-10-17-05

DLWLockComposite.jpg (image/jpeg, 1000x421 69827 bytes, BF: 6.03 ppb)

I would first like to thank everyone who hastened to reassure me that the imges I submitted here were appropriate for this list.
I stopped at the museum this morning and brought a few objects home to scan. I should emphasize that we are a *very small* local history museum for Millburn and Short Hills and just a very small part of our collection is railroad memorabilia (because we are housed in the former waiting room building). I will try to share everything we have -- very gradually -- if the list members wouldn't tire of that. It would also help me tremendously if the things could be properly identified for those of us who have no idea of the original purpose.
The item I scanned here is obviously a lock and it is 3" high x 2 1/8" wide. As I hope yu can see, it is marked 'DL&WRR' on one side and 'Remove Key When Locking' on the other. Did it have a specific purpose?
Thank you.
Lynne