(erielack) Athearn EL SD45-2

As I mentioned the other day, a stock SD45 has a height of 15'5", this is at
the horn and fan housings. (I presume it's the same for the Dash-2, but all
the EL SD's got the low-profile treatment.) I've read that freights did use
the Morristown line on occasion when there was a problem on the Boonton line
(provided they didn't have excess ht cars), so if that's the case, catenary
clearance is the most plausible explanation.

Paul B

Henry:

The clearance restriction on the M&E, again from the same DL&W ETT was
15'5" on the Morristown Line from West End to Denville. After Denville
it gained some height to 17'1" on track 1 and 17'6" on track 2. These
were listed as general, minimum equipment height restriction.

I guess the question which needs to be answered is what was the
clearance of a stock SD-45-2?

Will