Re: (erielack) Vandalized Port Jervis railroad cars may be removed soon

These must be the handful of coaches, and the two cabcars, 5198 and 5199..
I was wondering what had happened to them. They used to be very common to
see in Hoboken.. I HATED working them..  Junkers they were, and when you  went
to crank on the handbrake it would literally take you 5 mins.. I think me  and
another conductor counted something like 65 cranks to get it applied.. I
thought the chain ran to China..
I used to get them confused with the 5155-5169 Comet IB's that were rebuilt
from the Arrow I's.. That we still use in Raritan..
lIll tell you, I used to hate those IB's, but when I get them in Raritan
they're a godsend.. They run in complete sets, ALL the doors work, the PA'a
work, AC is ice cold.. Great heat.. They're 10 times better than those absolute
garbage Comet 5's..

- -Pat