RE: (erielack) Caption?

Hi Lynne, and welcome aboard!

>     Every week I submit an historic photo to our local paper
> and I would like to submit the attached photo, but I am not
> familiar enough with the history of the early Erie Lackawanna
> to be able to write an accurate and interesting caption. May
> I ask for help and suggestions for three or four sentences to
> describe this image? I don't remember when they retired these
> cars (and what kind of cars were they?) and am hoping the
> list members can help with suggestions for a caption that
> would pass muster with the railroad enthusiasts.

I'll give this a try:

"Here is a classic early view inside of one of the Delaware, Lackawanna and
Western's electric multiple-unit (MU) cars. Known by many commuters as
'Wickerliners' for their seats, these 600 volt DC electric veterans ran on
commuter service from Hoboken, NJ to Dover, Gladstone and Montclair for well
over fifty years. Finally retired in 1984 by Lackawanna and Erie Lackawanna
successor New Jersey Transit, they stood as a testament to the railroad
carbuilding skills from the early part of the 20th Century."

What do you think?

	- Paul

- --
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.