(erielack) Virtual railfanning Saturday

To view or download the image(s), click on or cut and paste the
following URL into your web browser:

http://lists.railfan.net/listthumb.cgi?erielack-10-09-05

ELPostcards1.jpg (image/jpeg, 1139x761 189446 bytes, BF: 4.58 ppb)
ELPostcards2.jpg (image/jpeg, 1130x745 203464 bytes, BF: 4.14 ppb)
ELPostcards3.jpg (image/jpeg, 1127x715 220018 bytes, BF: 3.66 ppb)

When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping...

With Saturday's all-day rain, I didn't go cycling or chasing trains.
Instead, I went to the postcard show at the Parsippany PAL.  Three hours
of foraging and a fair investment produced some Erie, Lackawanna and even
CNJ history.

I've scanned a dozen postcards for your enjoyment...

ELPostcards 1
Erie (NY&GL) station at Forest Hill Junction, featuring the Tiffany
workshop, 1911.
Eagle Rock Trolley, Orange Mountain, 1907.
DLW East Orange station, 1906.
DLW Madison station, unused.

ELPostcards 2
DLW Millington station, unused.
DLW east of Morristown, 1906.
"May" and "Blossom" at the Fire, Dover, 1908.
DLW Buffalo station, unused.

ELPostcards  3
Dover, Hudson Street looking north to the Morris Canal (humpbacked bridge
in the distance, 1910.
Summit, aerial view including station, 1960's, freight cars visible in
yard.
DLW postcard to Hoagland Sons, Rockaway, notifying them of arrival of
freight, 1904.
CNJ postcard to Hoagland Sons, Rockaway, notifying them of arrival of
freight, 1910

Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey