(erielack) SF-100 consist sheet

Paul and Group, more comments...

Car types: D: I still think is an equipped (incl insulated) box. Look at the
loads for EJ Gallo near the headend of Cx block; wine is shipped in insul
boxcars, not dbl-door, which by the 70's were primarily for lumber.
A: All-door car, the box-bulkhead flat hybrid used for lumber. Herman Miller
is a furniture mfr. There is one car (not ATSF) in the float photo near the
end of ELIC V3, probably headed to the same place.

Origin Point: QD: are you sure about Bingo? Why would you have a loaded SOU
TOFC flat originate there (unless it was a b/o setout off a previous train)?
I would buy Cincinnati, rcv'd in interchange from SOU, then B&O haulage to
Dayton.
SJ: Somewhere in NE Ohio, as this was a chemical shipment. Akron?

TOFC: I just don't think these trailers were MT's. The east coast is
primarily a consuming region, and there is an imbalance of eastbound loads.
While this is less of a problem with imtermodal vs carload, RR's struggled
(and still do) to fill those w/b boxes. There should have been plenty of
trailers in NJ to protect w/b traffic. I doubt they did heavy trailer
repairs at Cx. Meadville, perhaps. Help, Randy!

Miscel: EL 443703, wheel car it is!

Float loads: numerous, but IIRC on C-day, LV was the only Class 1 still
floating, EL quit not long before. Floating was expensive; CR immediately
switched to an all-rail route down the east shore of the Hudson.

MILW 3013: empty box to Abbott in N Bergen. Tut-tut, EL was violating
interchange rules by not immediately sending it back towards it's owner.
Cash-strapped Eastern roads did this not uncommonly (not that MILW was any
better off at this point).

Interesting stuff. As Paul said, let's have more consists!

Paul B