(erielack) Crow and Edgewater

I hope that, with enough barbeque sauce and appropriate libations, the crow I have to eat won't taste too bad.  I finally did what I should have done before sending earlier posts:  I looked it up.

Bob Mohowski's recent book on the Susquehanna discusses, beginning at p52 and continuing for quite a while, the Erie's heavy involvement in the Edgewater area during its control of the Susquehanna.  Having grown up in Bergen County, I just simply thought that Edgewater was NYS&W/NYC territory.

Now I know better and I apologize to Jim Guthrie, retracting basically everything I said before..  It's never too late to learn.

Bob's book, by the way, is an excellent study of the rigors of wresting control of the Susquehanna away from the Erie and into independence.  It took years and not the least of the problems were involved in the Edgewater situation.

Randy Brown (spitting out feathers)