RE: Re:(erielack) Edgewater Notes

> Second the motion.
> The years from about 1870 to about 1920 were the true glory days of
> railroading, when they were unchallenged for power, influence
> and as a
> center of daily life.  I would love to see more on the
> pre-WWII period,
> especially since the people who remember those times are fast
> disappearing.

I certainly hope there is no "age discrimination" on this list. ALL eras of the Erie, DL&W and EL apply here; do not be afraid to discuss 4-4-0's of the 1870's if you want!

Though I admittedly associate more closely with the 1970s, I find the operations and political machinations of the late 1800's to be totally fascinating, and Jim Guthrie is a true font of this knowledge. I say, keep it coming!