RE: (erielack) Port Morris Intermodal?

Yes, and with undercutting even if the water table isn't high there still
can still be a big drainage problem during and after rain storms.

                      "Gary R. Kazin"
                      <gkazin_@_yahoo.com>
                      Sent by:            To:     EL List <erielack_@_lists.railfan.net>
                      erielack-owner_@_list cc:
                      s.elhts.org         Subject:
                                                  RE: (erielack) Port Morris Intermodal?

                      10/05/2005 02:08 PM
                      Please respond to
                      "Gary R. Kazin"

- --- Charles_Walsh_@_Berlex.com wrote:
> Once again, if NJ Transit is strong-armed they'll raise the catenary.
> However, I think the bigger issue with double-stacks would be the
> clearance afforded by overhead bridges.

That's the big issue.  The Rockaway Road bridge is NOW under
reconstruction and its clearance will not change...  Coming in the next
few years: Prospect Street, South Salem Street and US 46.  The West
Blackwell Street bridge was done about five years ago.  I don't think
undercutting would work as all are near the Rockaway River.

Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey