RE: (erielack) Port Morris Intermodal?

Unfortunately, this is all a moot point right now with NJ Transit using the
yard for various activities.  However, if commuter service were to be moved
to Washington and East Stroudsburg it's possible that Port Morris could be
cleared out for other uses.

                      Michael DeCarlo
                      <mikedc3_@_optonline.
                      net>                To:     erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
                      Sent by:            cc:
                      erielack-owner_@_list Subject:
                      s.elhts.org                 RE: (erielack) Port Morris Intermodal?

                      10/05/2005 12:16 AM
                      Please respond to
                      Michael DeCarlo

Theoretically,
You wouldn't have to send trailers through Netcong at all and only through
small part of Landing.
If an intermodal yard were in Pt. Morris, You could put a road on the old
Sussex branch ROW right out to Main St. Netcong which is 50 ft from Rt. 46.
To get to Rt. 80, You could use part of the same road, put a crossing in
over the tracks and use Kings Highway which has very few houses and comes
out in Landing right across from the Lackawanna station. Make a right on to
Landing Bvld. and Rt. 80 is right down the hill.