RE: (erielack) Port Morris Intermodal?

The rationale would have been to cut down on the travel distance to the
delivery point by estabishing the intermodal site out in the suburbs (Port
Morris) rather than in the city area.  This is one of those interesting
"what if?" questions that we'll never know the answer to.  It's
particularly interesting since Port Morris has great access to several main
roads (I-80, Route 46, etc.)

                      Tim
                      <njmidland_@_peoplepc
                      .com>               To:     "Tupaczewski,Paul R (Paul)" <paultup_@_lucent.com>
                      Sent by:                    erielack_@_lists.railfan.net
                      erielack-owner_@_list cc:
                      s.elhts.org         Subject:
                                                  RE: (erielack) Port Morris Intermodal?

                      10/04/2005 10:51 AM
                      Please respond to
                      Tim

Back in 1984 when Monroe County was trying to buy the Cutoff to save it,
the D&H expressed an interest in running trains to Port Morris and
establishing an intermodal facility there.

Tim