Re:(erielack) NKP Car Movements

Paul -- I don't think ERIE ever got to Edgewater.  All pertinent tariffs and Bill Sheppard's excellent book and map show Edgewater as served by NYC and NYS&W, which utilized a joint line from Weehawken.  A car routed to Edgewater via ERIE/NYS&W would have interchanged at Passaic Jct, to give the Susquehanna some line haul revenue.

Randy Brown
Does anyone know if the Edgewater branch is still in service? Also, acc to my SPV map, Erie's Weehawken branch at one time went to Edgewater (I guess it was once known as the "Edgewater branch") and connected with Susie-Q there. When was it cut back to Weehawken?

Paul B