RE: (erielack) Boonton Line freight trains-analysis

Paul,

The 2nd Dover was advertised to Summit.  Occassionally a high and wide came out of Peapack and was left at Summit by the Bloomer or P&D Roustabout.  In these cases the 2nd Dover went down to Summit to get the car.  Sometimes the 2nd Dover would go to Summit to assist in emergencies like MU's breaking down etc.

Any local work to Summit from Dover was done by this job. That includes Morris Plains, side trips were made to the State Mental Institution spur.  Carloads of coal were delivered and some other cars were received but I can't remember what the contents were, Madison and Chatham as well.

Although the Sussex Branch extended to Andover at the end, there was no longer any interchange.  That was handled at Greycourt by that date.

Rich

"Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)" <paultup_@_lucent.com> wrote:
Rich,

>The Dover Drill was advertised to Morrisotwn (only if necessary which I don't beleive ever happened) Denville (so it could get cars off CS-9 when it did set
>out at Denville) East Dover to Port Morris.

So the big question - what train handled Morristown->east? Gladstone drill?

>When the Sussex Branch was still up and running, it went to Branchville two days a week. After the branch as
>torn up, the Dover drill just local work at Netcong ie the lumber company and the outfit down in the hole opposite the freight house.

Was there still interchange with the L&HR? (I thought the branch existed to Andover Jct.?)

- - Paul

Yahoo! for Good