Re: (erielack) IHB-7 - one more thing

The plan all along was that EL would have use of the U-boats over the
weekends -none of the EL diesel commuter lines ran on the weekend (other
than two short-lived Boonton Line round trips on Saturdays - did they run
Sundays also?).  Remember, there was no need for six axle power just to
pull Comets around, and the CNJ managed very well with state-funded
GP40P's.

Freight use of the U-boats ended soon after they came back VERY late one
Monday morning and there was a mad scramble for power to run the morning
Comet trains.

- --- "Tupaczewski, Paul R (Paul)" <paultup_@_lucent.com> wrote:

> Just a note, it appears that CR train IHB-7 (running on the EL) often
> used solid sets of U34CH's as road power in mid-1976; I assume this was
> an agreed-upon deal with NJDOT?  Originally, the train appeared to run
> on the Erie side, but by the end of 1976, it was running on the DL&W
> side.

Gary R. Kazin
DL&W Milepost R35.7
Rockaway, New Jersey