RE: (erielack) NKP Car Movements

Jim,

GREAT STUFF!

For a little bit more clarification, the "bean" that they refer to in these loads are soybeans. Drew shipped out millions of gallons of refined oil products over the years - they were the refiners. (I assume the raw soybean oil came into Drew from elsewhere for processing, hence the loads shown below; I've never seen inbounds of "soybeans" :).   I have many EL and DL&W waybills for Boonton, and the load was often simply referred to as "Soya."

Also of interest is the car of soybean oil for Lever Bros. on the NYS&W (I'm assuming for soap production)

Is this a local freight? The crew isn't doing a very good job of blocking cars for forwarding, that's for sure! :)

	- Paul