(erielack) Full Crew Law NY State

Jim, that's the second reference I've seen to SFE-99; the other was Jan '75.
A short-lived schedule as you say, probably another casualty of the
recession. Do you recall approx what time you left CX? Since it was still
daylight when you arrived Meadville, it's schedule must have approximated
NY-97's. Dang, wish I could have done that!

Paul B

 I believe that the manifests usually had 4 men (again, after 1970).  In
August 1974, I rode SFE99 from Croxton to Meadville in a 300 series caboose.
  Out of CX, it was just the rear brakeman in the caboose with me.  The
conductor was up in the engine with the engineer and fireman.  At PO, the
conductor rode the caboose with the rear brakeman (thus I got kicked out of
the bay window seat that I enjoyed over the NY Division).   Same at Hornell.
  Usual caveat, it was a long time ago and I could be wrong -- but I was
under the impression that we had 4 man crews that day. As to Niobe Jct., we
shot right thru there, non-stop.

Speaking of shots, I had my camera with me, but the weather got worse as we
proceeded west (thus  I didn't get any pix of 900 series RS3s switching
Meadville Yard, as it was dreary and rainy).    Nonetheless, attached are
views from the hack of Belfast Viaduct and Salamanca station (or so I think

Jim Gerofsky