(erielack) Hoboken

Ahhh, as we recall the ferries to Barclay St. But after the "merger", does
anyone recall as I do that you could see the lettering on the Hoboken Terminal,
lettering facing Manhattan that read in large letters: ERIE LACKAWANNA.

The Lackawanna letters had been in place for decades and justafilby so.
Sometime after the "merger", the four letters spelling "Erie" were placed above
"Lackawanna" to signify the "merger", both in upper case and in the same same
size for all on the Manhattan side to see.

Sometime, somewhere during either the late 70s or early 80s. "Erie"
disappeared and no mention was ever made.

Can anyone shed some light on why?

Rick